VeloKicks Nero - black road cycling dial shoes
or make 4 interest-free payments of $74.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
You said "we want a crisp, white kick", we delivered with the Blanco. You asked could we do it with dials, the Blanco dials were born. It was only after winter hit owners - fearful of getting their fresh kicks dirty - again emailed..."is there a chance of a black VK?". And with Run The Jewels telling us "black on black on black" we knew what we had to do. Season 4 could only be one thing: Nero blackouts.
Only we didn't stop stylin' with the stealth finish, Nero (Blackout) is the debut of our new upper design. Increased vamp and offset wire retention points are designed to help those riders who suffer from dorsal irritation to experience an even more comfortable - yet secure - fit. Instead of four lengths of wire running across the top of the top of the foot, it's cushioned upper keeping the foot snug and fixed within the kicks. This decreases potential pressure points while sacrificing nothing when it comes to full contact in the shoe to foot interface. The layout and design of the lower dial and wire system means that either sides are not 'pulled' in. This creates a more even tension distribution across the toebox, with the result a being less focal tightening (and potential pressure) and ultimately a bit more volume.
They might be kicks designed with winters in mind - but we promise you'll still be wearing Blackouts come summer.
- ATOP dual dials for extensive volume control
- Carbon sole for optimal power transfer
- Sliders for the cleats, allowing a greater range of fore/aft positioning
- Light weight: 255 grams for size 41, 285 grams for a size 45
- Generous volume upper that accommodates all cycling orthoses
- Replaceable outer sole heel pads, so you always have grip when walking around
- VeloKicks shoe bag, to keep your kicks comfy and protected when they're not on your feet
- 3 hole SPD-SL (Shimano/Look) drilling for road cycling, compatible with 3 bolt Speedplay adapter
- Synthetic leather material, no animals products are used in the construction of our kicks
Please refer here to our chart for sizing and comparison to other brands to work out what size best fits you. Our size range spans EU 38 - 47.
The increased vamp on the Nero upper results in a different style of retention across the foot. If you love to ratchet up and have your shoe really 'pull' itself around your foot, then you're going to prefer our Blanco dials.
Nero is a softer style of retention - but do not mistake this for loose. They more closely replicate the feel of our Blanco laces, just with the speed of fit of dials. Nero, same performance in a softer feel package.